So what do you do after an afternoon in the hot sun picking raspberries? Make a raspberry cocktail of course! Here are some luscious raspberry summer cocktails to try:
- Raspberry and Guava Cocktail
- Raspberry Mint Julep
- Raspberry Bellini
Raspberry and Guava Nectar Cocktail
- 1 1/2 shots of rum
- 1/2 shot squeezed lime
- 6 parts Rubicon Guava nectar (easy to find in many grocery stores)
- 1 part of Raspberry Liqueur
- 4-5 raspberries per serving
Blend rum,lime and guava nectar and pour over ice, pour raspberry liqueur on top, good idea to use a spoon here. Add 4-5 raspberries per serving.
Raspberry Mint Julep
recipe by Patricia Kile
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 1/4 cups lemonade concentrate
- 6 cups cold water
- Crushed ice
- In a large saucepan, bring water, mint and sugar to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the raspberries and the lemonade concentrate; gently mash raspberries.
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth; place over a 1-gal. container. Slowly pour raspberry mixture into strainer’ discard pulp and mint. Add cold water to the raspberry juice; stir well. Serve over ice.
by Junior Merino
- 2 oz Brazilian Rum (example: Leblon Cachaca)
- 6 raspberries
- dash of lime juice
- 2 tsp superfine sugar
- top with Champagne
- Muddle the raspberries, sugar and lime juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill with ice and add cachaca.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into a Champagne flute.
- Top with Champagne.